For any organization in the business of information, the Internet presents remarkable challenges as well as opportunity. Audiences are increasingly splintered across multiple forms of media and an endless number of distribution channels, and staying on top of – much less learning how to use – the dizzying array of new communications tools can seem impossible. On the other hand, the Internet offers an unprecedented ability to communicate with targeted communities, and hard work and a little creativity can deliver huge bang for not a lot of bucks.
Turner Strategies devises and helps carry out strategies to bring about the profound internal change necessary for nonprofit and advocacy organizations to adapt to and thrive in an information-saturated, Internet-centric world.
We also provide expertise and support for designing and executing discrete outward-facing projects and campaigns for the purposes of public education, advocacy, issue management and coalition/community-building.
Strategic Social Media
Established entities often struggle to fully tap into the power of social media, because it involves breaking free of the entanglements of long-established governance and internal processes, culture, and institutional history. It involves changing mindsets from top-down to networked thinking as well as from exclusive to inclusive behavior, and breaking communications functions out of departmentalized silos to filter through entire operations. Turner Strategies works with you to establish staff and stake-holder buy-in, and organizational will. We help you identify and carry out the steps needed to bring about the organizational change required for effective 21st century communications.
Online Projects and Services
- Hands-on workshops: How to use basic tools like blogs, Twitter and Facebook
- Writing workshops: Effective blogging, tweeting, messaging
- Tailored education: On such topics as the changing information environment, social media policy, organizational versus personal identity, and privacy
- Content generation: Producing compelling blog posts, podcasts, video, etc., for smart distribution across multiple channels
- Crisis communications: Protecting brand and mission in a fast-moving, transparent media environment
- Community-building: Internal and external outreach and relationship development to establish thought leadership and build out online networks to maximize message distribution
- Live Events: Multiple digital channels to minimize barriers between online and on-site audiences to maximize audiences
- Virtual Events and Campaigns: Online chats, Twittercasts, Webcasts, blog radio conferences; blog carnivals, Facebook issue pages, video channels